Monday, June 25, 2012

A little decorating with Emmie!


Emmie came in town for a visit this past week and I had some projects ready to take on while she was here! I had recently painted my backsplash a beautiful green and bought a vinyl design that I wanted to put over the green to create a new backsplash! 


When we first moved in, I painted stripes on my backsplash which I loved!! I just wanted to add some color into the mix and fell in love with the vinyl design I found on etsy. 
Here is what it looked like before....

I painted it green....

Here is the finished backsplash!!! 

I must say we started this project around 3pm and didn't finish until about 9pm....with 2 kids though running around! It was very time consuming lining up the design and cutting it out....Emmie is a tremendous help and I think we did a great job!! My idea came to light!!!! It's a great way to have something new for not a lot of money.....total cost was gallon of paint and the vinyl on etsy= 175$ not bad and I have a brand new looking, more vibrant kitchen!





For those of you who loved Jet's hallway niche with his "J" and pictures that lead into his hallway........now Landon has his own too!!! Painted by Emmie a while back to the same dimensions as Jet's......I framed these pics, painted the L and now he has his own niche leading into 'their' hallway :) LOVE!




We love Emmie so much, she is just one of a kind. Here are the boys & Emmie before she left. 





Thanks for all of your help Emmie!!! Love you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment